A Wrinkle in Time is More Flash than Substance


I’ve never read Madeleine L’Engle’s fantasy classic novel. And I only knew very vaguely what it was about, until I googled its plot before watching the movie. So, I’m not at all of the camp that is up in arms with this new film adaptation because it’s too “different” from the book.

I went in with no prejudice at all in that respect. I think my only strikes against it before viewing were knowing it had a fairly low Rotten Tomatoes score, and well, Oprah. But I figured I was probably in for an hour and fifty minutes of visually appealing special effects, if nothing else.

Well, after having seen it, I wouldn’t go so far as to say nothing else, but maybe disappointingly little else... Continue Reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary