Patron Saint of Missing Socks, Pray For Us


As a mother of a large family, struggling to wash, dry, and fold three or four loads of laundry every day, I secretly wondered if there was an obscure saint, with little to do, who could fill in as my patron saint of missing socks. Little did I know, God was using the dilemma of unpaired socks to purify me because I was trying too hard to be the perfect mother and housekeeper. This earnest striving was a weakness, not a virtue because my diligence was rooted in insecurity, unbelief but most of all in pride. Again and again, as I read spiritual material, God tried to teach me that true Christianity is not focused on personal perfection but founded on the power of the Cross and Resurrection to set us free.
"We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures, we are the sum of the Father's love for us." -St. Pope John Paul II
"The crucifix does not signify defeat or failure. It reveals to us the Love that overcomes evil and sin." - Pope Francis
"Don't worry about being effective. Just concentrate on being faithful to the truth."- Dorothy Da
 continue reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary