Blessings to Give


In the Compass Catholic small group bible study:

Navigating Your Finances God's Ways -- week 5 examines the 4 elements of giving:
  • attitudes
  • advantages
  • amount
  • approach 
Attitudes
My discovery here was simple and was eluded to in the last week's post.  I have no trouble giving money. I think it is a wonderful gift to be able to share with others.  I do need to be weary of my motives - the whole don't let your left hand see what your right hand is doing.  My trouble honestly is not in my generosity with treasure but with time and talent.  Although, I have also learned that my monetary generosity needs to be budgeted and that 'giving from your poverty' does not mean going into credit card debt.  My attitude needs some tweaking as I consider how I will share my time. I am very stingy with my time.  Perhaps this is best explained by sharing that I am an extrovert with introverted tendencies; meaning I love being with people and I especially love sharing the Good News but I equally enjoy the solitude of writing and study.   It is all about balance - that is probably the GREATEST lesson Navigating Your Finances has taught me thus far. 

 Visit Reconciled To You to Learn more about the 4 Elements of Giving
...All rights reserved, Allison Gingras 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary